I guess it is time to face reality..... that Christmas is over which is so saddening to me. But we had an awesome Christmas and were able to spend lots of time with family. There is no doubt that Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love getting gifts for people, I even love wrapping them! I received one of the sweetest gifts I've ever been given this year. Take yourselves back to the days of elementary school; not so much the smell of sweaty kids after recess, but if your school was as cool as mine...... the school store. I remember when you could earn money from being good, and you would save all your money for like a month to buy a pencil. Well my eight year old nephew Jace did just that. He saved all his school money for a really long time, but didn't buy anything for himself. He bought me a Christmas present. It made me want to cry! I can't believe how sweet and thoughtful that was of him. I know as a kid you really really want things for yourself at the school store, and you feel like you have worked hard to earn them. It was seriously the sweetest thing in the world and he was so excited to give it to me. It's a cute little glass plaque that has an aunt saying on it, and it meant the world to me. (sorry that isn't the best picture above.)
Christmas Eve is my favorite night of the year. We had dinner with my family, hung out and exchanged gifts. Then we headed over to Todd's families for a couple hours. It is nice to have our parents living just a few minutes away from each other, but it can be pretty hard running between both places too. But I love seeing everyone! We ended up sleeping at my parents home that night and had a lot of fun.
Todd and my Mom
My Dad, Steph and Me
Jace, Tania, Nolan and Quin. Kids make Christmas so much fun! I absolutely adore my nieces and nephews!
This is mine and Todd's fourth Christmas together since we've been married, and like our tenth one since we've been together. We are like kids on Christmas! We are sneaky little spies, and we are terrible about keeping secrets from each other, but continue attempting to surprise each other. I love Todd more than I could ever find words to express it! He makes every holiday so awesome and I love waking up to him every morning!
This is my twelve year old brother Shane. He is autistic and quite a handful for my parents! He usually doesn't really enjoy opening presents and is finished after one gift; but this is the first year that he opened every single present. We were all shocked!
5 comments:
That little plaque from your nephew is too sweet! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! What a special time of year!
Looks like you guys had lots of fun! That will be a fun memory with the power being out. And that plaque is way cute...how sweet of him to think if his aunt! So cute!
What a sweet little nephew you have!! I love Christmas time too...looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! Your so welcome for the blocks!! And thank you for all of your sweet comments,we are doin great!!
I love all your pictures! I am glad you had a good holiday. You and Todd are so freaking cute.
So fun! That plaque is sweet!
Post a Comment